Viru Keskus (shopping centre) was being renewed and in the process the decision was made to change the illuminated box solutions.
The client gave us free hands to devise something which shopping centres had not used before. We developed many prototypes to find a solution that would satisfy both parties.
The cooperation resulted in boxes illuminated from five sides which in addition to being highly visible lit up the area. Despite the solution being technically simple, it had previously not been used. Our technical capacity allowed to complete the large task in minimal time.
The project uses General Electric (GE) LED modules and transformers, which have a 5-year manufacturer’s guarantee. GE has planned the electrical parts of the Viru Keskus illuminated advertising such that a bright even light results.
The evaluation of illuminated advertising is based on even luminous intensity reaching the front glass. GE measures the luminous intensity that reaches the front of the advertisement using special candelas measuring equipment. A document was drafted that recorded luminous intensity after installation and new measurements will be made shortly before the end of the guarantee period.
General Electric (GE) advantages:
- Greater and more even angle for the light beam
- Better light spectrum diode, Light colour 7100k (white), no changes in colour and brightness
- The module has the best lens material and shape
- LED does not overheat; it can disperse heat sufficiently by itself
- The modules are fixed using strong 3M VHB weather resistant two-sided tape
- Contains no heavy metals (free from mercury, lead and other dangerous substances) and is therefore environment-friendly
In addition to production, our task was to coordinate the entire installation process. The old advertisements were dismounted and the new ones mounted during the night so as not to disturb clients. In the end Viru Keskus got a complete solution for the interior and exterior advertisements.
Viru Keskus illuminated advertisement products and dimensions:
- Shop entrance illuminated boxes: 35 pieces (500 x 3 000 mm) total of 105 running metres
- Shop flag logos: double-sided illuminated boxes 65 pieces (500 x 800 mm)
- Viru Keskus illuminated letters: 5 pieces (2 with height of 2 700 mm and 3 with height of 2 200 mm)
- Viru Keskus illuminated boxes with logo: 11 pieces (700 x 3 000 mm) total of 33 running metres
- Bus terminal and façade illuminated boxes: 102 pieces (800 x 2000 mm) total of 204 running metres
- Shopping centre entrance portal: 8 000 x 6 000 mm
- Banner frames and banners: 4 pieces (9 250 x 6 000 mm)
- Banner illumination with LED lights: 38 running metres